Welcome to the website of Retail Estates nv, Public regulated real estate company under Belgian law (Belgian REIT), with registered offices at Industrielaan 6, B-1740 Ternat, registered with the Companies Registration Office in Brussels and with VAT number 434 797 847.
Retail Estates nv devotes considerable care to the creation of this website that may only be used for information purposes. Retail Estates nv seeks to ensure that the information on this website is correct and up-to-date. The user should be aware that there may be errors or omissions and that the information may change without prior notice. Retail Estates nv cannot be held liable for any misuse of the information by the user.
Do not take any decisions exclusively on the basis of information taken from this website. Always contact us directly so that we can provide you with complete information and appropriate advice.
Retail Estates nv does not guarantee the proper functioning of the website and cannot in any way be held liable for malfunctions or temporary unavailability of the website or for any form of damage arising from access to or use of the website.
Retail Estates nv may provide hyperlinks to other websites that may be of interest to the user. Retail Estates nv can, however, not be held liable for the existence of these websites or for their content. Users use those websites at their own risk.
All rights in relation to the content and architecture of this website, including but not limited to the photographs, text, logos and trademarks are reserved.
Limited extracts of the content of this website may be used without prior consent provided that the source is expressly and clearly indicated.
Belgian legislation is applicable to any disputes in connection with or arising from the use of this website. In the event of a dispute only the Brussels courts shall be competent.
Retail Estates NV (hereafter: we, us or Retail Estates) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information we collect from you;
- Uses made of your information;
- Disclosure of your information;
- Transfer of your information;
- Your rights;
- Security of collected information;
- Retention of your information;
- External websites/apps;
- Identity of data controller – contact details.
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on www.retailestates.com (hereafter: our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide to us when you complete an online contact form, when you provide information in order to download the property information form etc. The information you give us may include your name, email address and IP address.
- Information we collect about you.
During each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, time zone setting,;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products/services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Video footage we collect about you through cameras at our retail parks
- at our retail parks we may use cameras to collect video footage about your vehicle and you
3. Uses made of your information
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we deliver to you and others.
- Video footage we collect about you through cameras at our retail parks. We will use the information:
- to count vehicles in order to compare our retail parks and to measure and understand the impact of e.g. road works, marketing actions etc.
- to ensure the safety, overall control and maintenance of the retail parks
4. Legal basis
Your information is being collected and processed on the following legal bases:
- If it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests, considering these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, e.g. we use your information to know your preferences so as to be able to better personalize our product offerings, to prevent fraud and to secure our website.
- If it is necessary for performing the contract we have with you, e.g. renting agreement; or
- When you consented to this, e.g. if you have given your prior express consent thereto we may use your email address for sending you marketing materials and/or press releases.
5. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your information with selected third parties including:
- our affiliates/other entities within the Retail Estates group;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, e.g. Google.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Retail Estates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Retail Estates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities) in the event of, for example, a cyber security incident or an incident at the retail parks
6. Transfer of your information
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that your information is protected by the following safeguards:
- the laws of the country to which your information is transferred ensure an adequate level of data protection (Article 45 GDPR);
If you wish to receive more information relating to the transfers of your information and/or the safeguards that have been implemented (including on how to receive a copy thereof), you can contact us through the contact details set out in section 12 below.
7. Your rights
You have certain rights regarding the information we hold about you. These rights can be exercised by contacting us as set out below:
- you have the right to access the information we keep about you – this is because we want you to be aware of the information we have about you and to enable you to verify whether we process your information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to block or suppress further use of your information. When the processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but we can no longer use it;
- if your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your information;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to request the deletion or removal of your information from our systems;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection authority;
- if our processing of your personal information is based specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes;
- you have the right to obtain from us, under certain circumstances, your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form so you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. For example: if you want to work with a different service provider, this enables you to move your information easily and in a secure manner to this new service provider.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes.
However, note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes (e.g. keeping of accounting records).
For all requests set out above, please send us an email with “data privacy request” in the subject line and include a copy of your identity card or another proof of your identity (e.g. driver’s license) to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing, changing or deleting your information. We will respond to your request as soon as practically possible. If we need more than one month (from receipt of your request) to respond to your request, we will come back to you and let you know.
8. Security of collected information
We have implemented a number of security features throughout our website in order to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to collected and/or received information. We have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for you, but note that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us or any other party via our website or email cannot be guaranteed. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via these methods.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Video footage can be viewed by only a limited number of dedicated members of our staff, who can only access the video footage and view live images (to avoid misdemeanor, damage or public nuisance) through a link on the internet that is secured by a user name and password.
9. Retention of your information
In particular, we will only keep:
- your information relating to your online query for as long as needed to provide you with the requested information;
- your information provided in relation to the property information file on our website for a period of 2 years.
- video footage collected about you through cameras at our retail parks for a period of 30 days
- the processing of your information is necessary in connection with any actual or potential dispute (e.g. we need this information to establish or defend legal claims), in which case we will keep your information until the end of such dispute; and/or
- the retention is necessary for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (e.g. for tax purposes), in which case we will keep your information for as long as required by that obligation.
10. External websites
12. Identity of data controller – contact details